Summer time is in full swing and so is the garden harvest. When you are faced with an over abundance of zucchini and just don't know how else to prepare it try out this awesome and delicious Zucchini Ricotta Fritters recipe and discover another way to enjoy zucchini. Super easy to make and super tasty this will definitely be a crowd pleaser.
Zucchini Ricotta Fritters
2 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
2 tablespoons minced onion
1/4 cup chopped chives
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup flour
oil for frying
1. Shred zucchini and squeeze out some of the liquid with hands and place in a large bowl.
2. Combine zucchini, onion, chives, ricotta cheese, eggs, cilantro, sea salt and pepper.
3. Stir in the flour just until incorporated.
4. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
5. Working in small batches, add 2-tablespoon mounds of zucchini batter to the skillet and fry until browned and crisp, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip and cook other side for another 2 minutes.
6. Remove fritters from skillet and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. Let fritters drain on paper towels and serve immediately. These are great served with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!