Zucchini, Parsnip and Red Skin Potato Soup
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 Medium Size Zucchini shredded
3 parsnip sliced into bite size pieces
5-6 red skin potatoes with skins left on diced
4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
1 tsp Oregano
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp thyme
Sea Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. In a large pot heat up olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic for about two minutes or just until tender.
2. Add zucchini, parsnip and red skin potatoes and saute for 2 minutes more.
3. Pour in the chicken broth and add oregano, parsley and thyme and stir together.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
5 Using a handheld immersion blender puree soup mixture until smooth or in regular blender puree soup mixture in batches until smooth and return to pot,
6. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
7 Garnish with your favorite herb or sour cream.
This recipe is super easy and delicious. To make a complete meal serve with garlic bread and a fresh spring mix salad . This soup can be served either hot or cold and keeps well in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.