Healthy Granola Bars
2 cups pitted dates
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter
1 cup roasted almonds, chopped
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 dried cranberries
1/2 cacao nibs
1. Process dates in a food processor until only small bits remain and it has started to form into a ball.
2. In a large bowl, combine the dates with the almonds and oats. Mix together with hands to combine and break apart dates. Set aside.
3. Warm honey or maple syrup and almond butter or peanut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat until nice and smooth. Stir and pour over oat mixture and mix thoroughly.
4. Transfer mixture to a 8x11 baking dish lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Press mixture down firmly into pan until it is evenly distributed. Cover with plastic wrap and place pan in the freezer for 20 minutes.
5. Remove bars from freezer and from pan and chop into 20 even bars. Store granola bars in an airtight container and keep in the fridge. Enjoy!
Do you have a favorite healthy snack? Share in the comments and let us know what it is.