1 15 oz can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon garlic sea salt or regular sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or less if you don't want too much heat
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Drain and rinse chickpeas in colander. Pour into small serving bowl and set aside.
2. Combine all spices and sea salt into a small bowl. Stir until spices are well blended.
3. Add seasoning mixture to chickpeas. Stir well to evenly coat all the chickpeas with the seasoning mixture.
4. Place coconut oil in small frying pan and set on medium high heat.
5. Add chickpeas to frying pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes turning chickpeas frequently to cook evenly on all sides until golden brown and seasonings have begun to caramelize.
6. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
This dish is great served with some ice cold lemon water. Just add ice to a glass. Fill with water and cut a lemon into wedges and place one or two lemon wedges in your glass and enjoy. And there you have it. A complete, satisfying lunch in under 10 minutes. What are you waiting for. Give it a try. It is super tasty!
What are some of your favorite quick and easy go-to lunch recipes? Share them in the comments below.